Candle Care & Safety

  • Upon first use, burn your candle for at least two hours, or until the entire surface has turned into a wax pool. This initial step will help create a more consistent and even burn and prolong the life of your candle.
  • Trim wick to 1/8” before each lighting. This will give your candle a brighter, cleaner burn. Leaving your wick untrimmed and laden with leftover carbon leads to a duller light that's more likely to produce smoke.
  • Burn for no more than 3-4 hours at a time, or until a complete wax pool forms across the entire surface.
  • Always burn candles within sight. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as furniture, drapes, books, paper, flammable materials, etc.
  • Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish flame(s) when leaving a room or before going to sleep and always be sure the wick ember is no longer glowing.
  • Always choose to enjoy candles in an area away from drafts, open air vents or ceiling fans. This will help avoid rapid burning and prevent flare-ups. Keeping your candle near open windows, fans, AC units, or even highly trafficked areas in your home could disturb the flame, causing it to create black smoke stains or soot buildup on your candle jar.
  • Always burn your candle on a stable, heat resistant surface. This can help prevent heat damage to an underlying surface and prevent glass containers from breaking.
  • Keep candle wax pool free from wick trimmings and other debris at all times.
  • If your candle smokes repeatedly, flickers or creates a high flame it isn’t burning properly. Extinguish the candle, allow it to cool, align and trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.
  • Never burn a candle all the way to the bottom of the container/vessel. It is recommended to stop burning your candle when there is 1/2” of wax remaining. Burning a candle too low may cause the container/vessel to break.
  • Extinguish candle carefully, allow it to cool completely before touching or moving.
  • Using a candle snuffer is recommended to extinguish a candle. Never use water as it can cause wax to splatter or glass to break.
  • Remember to keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
  • Always read and follow the manufacturer’s use and safety instructions carefully.
  • For more Candle Safety Rules please visit the NCA’s Candle Safety Page at: https://candles.org/fire-safety-candles/

Sign-Up for Coupons